Sophie Estienne joined the firm as a lawyer in 2021. Driven by an adaptability reflected in her bicultural experience in France and in Quebec, she testifies, through her career, to her desire to play a role in social justice and in the accessibility of justice. Her academic and professional career in Quebec has allowed her to perfect her research and analysis skills, and to acquire a variety of legal experiences, particularly with vulnerable people.
Since joining the firm, she has developed a keen interest in civil litigation, human rights law, cooperative law and class actions.
Aside from his work, Me Estienne is socially involved in several organizations, such as Juripop, Éducaloi, the Quebec Journal of International Law and the Young Bar of Montreal (YBM). In 2022, she received the YBM Volunteer of the Year Award.
Since May 2022, she sits on the Board of Directors and on the Research and Legislation Committee of the YBM. She is also a member of the Liaison Committee with the Human Rights Tribunal of the Bar of Montreal and a member of the Equivalency Committee of the Bar of Quebec. Since 2023, she has also been Governor of the Quebec Bar Foundation.
Me Estienne is also the author of numerous articles published on the “Blogue du CRL” and on “La référence”.
- Year of admission to the Bar: 2019
- Graduated from Laval University (Quebec), LL.M. International and transnational law
- Graduated from Laval University (Quebec), LL.B.
- Graduated from the University of Montpellier (France), Master 1 in Criminal Law
- Graduated from the University of Montpellier (France), Bachelor’s degree in Private law