Canadian Tire Credit Cards (cash advance charges)
Class action description
Cancellation and restitution of charges for advances of funds and punitive damages.
Any consumer holder of a Canadian Tire Bank credit card and who have, since October 1st, 2001, paid fees for cash advances for transactions in Canada or abroad.
If you think you are part of this group, we invite you to submit your information and comments in order for us to generate a directory of members.
We are inviting you to visit our website on a regular basis in order to be updated on the current case.
– October 1st 2004: Filing of the motion to institute the class action
– November 6th: Judgment granting the motion to institute the class action
– December 7th 2007: Filing of the motion to institute proceedings
– May 1st 2008: Filing of the motion to institute proceedings with particulars
– February 12th 2010: Filing of the Defence