Credit Cards (cash advances charges)
Class action description
Cancellation and restitution of charges for advances of funds and punitive damages.
Any consumer holder of a credit card from with Banque Amex du Canada, or Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, Royal Bank of Canada, National bank of Canada, Bank of Nova-Scotia, Banque Laurentienne du Canada, Banque Le choix du Président, Toronto Dominion Bank, Bank of Montreal, Citibank Canada, Fédération des Caisses Desjardins du Québec and MBNA Canada, who have since October 4th, 2001, paid fees for cash advances for transactions in Canada and abroad.
If you think you are part of this group, we invite you to submit your information and comments in order for us to generate a directory of members.
We are inviting you to visit our website on a regular basis in order to be updated on the current case.
– December 7th 2006: Filing of the motion to institute the class action
– October 25th 2007: Judgment granting the motion to institute the class action
– December 7th 2007: Filing of the motion to institute proceedings
– July 28th 2008: Filing of the motion to institute proceedings with particulars
– February 12, 15 16 and 17th 2010: Filing of the Defences
– April 9th 2010: Amended Defence of Amex Bank of Canada