Me Sophie Estienne joined the firm as a lawyer in 2021. Driven by an adaptability reflected in her bicultural experience in France and in Quebec, she testifies, through her career, of her desire to play a role in social justice and in the accessibility of justice. Her academic career in Quebec allowed her to perfect his research and analysis skills, and to acquire a variety of legal experiences, among which a collaboration with the International Committee of the Red Cross (2015-2016), an internship at the Civil Division of the Court of Quebec under the supervision of the Honorable Hélène Carrier (2018), or an experience in litigation at the Commission des droits de la personne et des droits de la jeunesse (2019). Me Estienne also worked as a legal editor for Éditions Yvon Blais, a division of Thomson Reuters, where she managed the publication of various legal books.
At the same time, Me Estienne is also a partner lawyer for Juripop, whose mission is to provide legal information and support to people who are witnesses or victims of sexual/psychological harassment in their work environment, or of sexual violence.
Me Estienne is a member of several committees of the Young Bar of Montreal (YBM), such as:
- the Pro Bono and Legal Services Committee, which works to improve access to justice,
- the Research and Legislation Committee (RLC), for which she regularly produces legal articles published on the RLC Blog,
- the Public Affairs Committee, whose tasks includes drafting press releases for the YBM.
Recently, she joined, as a volunteer, the team of the Quebec Journal of International Law as layout editor, where her role is to correct the layout and assemble the articles to obtain a final design for publication.
- Year of admission to the Bar: 2019
- Graduated from Laval University (Quebec), LL.M. International and transnational law
- Graduated from Laval University (Quebec), LL.B.
- Graduated from the University of Montpellier (France), Master 1 in Criminal Law
- Graduated from the University of Montpellier (France), Bachelor’s degree in Private law