Bank of Montreal and Citibank Canada Credit Cards (Increasing the Credit Limit and Charges for Exceeding the Limit)
Class action description
Cancellation and restitution of credit charges, cancellation and restitution of over the limit charges and punitive damages (INCREASING THE CREDIT LIMIT AND CHARGES FOR EXCEEDING THE LIMIT).
Any and all consumer holder of a Bank of Montreal credit card, who since January 9th, 2001, without expressly asking for it, have been granted an increase of their credit limit, and who have used since then their increased variable credit ; and
Any and all consumer holder of a Citibank Canada credit card and who have paid, since January 9th, 2001, for over-the-limit fees.
If you think you are part of this group, we invite you to submit your information and comments in order for us to generate a directory of members.
We are inviting you to visit our website on a regular basis in order to be updated on the current case.
– January 9th 2004: Filing of the motion to institute the class action
– November 1st 2006: Judgment granting the motion to institute the class action
– December 7th 2006: Filing of the motion to institute proceedings
– February 1st 2008: Filing of the motion to institute proceedings with particulars
– February 16th 2010: Filing of the Defences